Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Identify proper nouns and pronouns in context of Chapter 11

Write the following sentences from chapter 11 in your notebooks. Change all nouns to pronouns when you can. Circle any other pronouns that are already used. 

"The Gray-Eyed One did this to me, Percy," Medusa said, and she didn't sound anything like a monster. Medusa's voice invited me to look up, to sympathize with a poor old grandmother.

Medusa is a menace. She's evil. I'd kill her myself, but..." Annabeth swallowed, as if Annabeth were to make a difficult admission.

Percy slashed up with my sword, heard a sickening shlock!, then a hiss like wind rushing out of a cavern-the sound of a monster disintegrating.

I was angry, not just with Annabeth or her mom, but with all the gods for this whole quest, for getting Grover, Annabeth and I blown off the road an in two major fights the very first day out from camp. At this rate, Grover, Annabeth and I would never make it to L.A. alive, much less before the summer solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment